One of my main tasks, as your mediator, is to provide a comfortable and safe environment in which you and the other party can reach a mutually acceptable resolution to your dispute/conflict. By helping you explore and understand the underlying issues, from both of your perspectives, I facilitate your finding more creative and rewarding solutions to your dispute.
For further information on arrangements and fees, please contact me.
The benefits of mediation include:
Voluntary: Mediation is a voluntary process; the parties control the process and may choose to end it at any time.
Decision-making: While the mediator guides the process, the parties make all of the decisions.
Flexibility: Unlike the litigation process, mediation has no formal rules or procedures that must be followed.
Cost Savings: Mediation costs significantly less than litigation, so the parties are left with more financial reserves.
Forward Movement: Since it takes less time to resolve the dispute, the parties can move on more quickly with their lives.
Privacy: All communications made during the mediation are treated as confidential.
Collaboration: The parties learn a collaborative approach to addressing their needs, thus reaching a win-win resolution.
Ongoing Relationship: Through the mediation process, the parties have built a better way for communicating in the future.
As your mediator, I can help you address issues in the following areas:
- Property distribution
- Child support
- Child custody and child care issues
- Spousal maintenance
- Parenting arrangements
- Debt allocation
- Tax considerations
- Retirement and pension assets
- Additional considerations, including issues raised by a special needs child
- Parenting decisions, including issues related to education and special needs
- Parent-teen disputes
- Parent-adult children disputes
- Family business/partnership issues
- Family property disputes
- Heir disputes
- Family transitions, including issues related to step-parenting, remarriage, adoption
- Eldercare transitions
- Healthcare choices
- Estate planning, trusts and wills
- Family caregiving
- Adult guardianship
- Financial management planning
- Family decision-making
- Interpersonal workplace conflicts
- Employment contracts and terms
- Employee work disputes
- Team dynamics
- Partnership disagreements
- Dissolution of an existing business